Skincare is something that is very personal and optional. It is up to one’s comfort; i.e) if they are not happy to use any specific product like serum or facial oil, then there is no need to. The basic skincare regimen includes a cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment product according to your skincare concerns or problems. Cleanser plays a vital role in the process; Even though it’s a wash-off product, choosing them based on your skin type and concerns, will help in solving your problems to some extent. It is okay to change your face wash once in a while to experiment and find the right one for your skin and concerns. When choosing a moisturizer, it is important to choose based on your skin type; If you are someone with a dry skin type, choosing a cream or oily based product will work. If you are with oily skin type, choosing water or gel-based product will work. Make sure to check the ingredients for making them also work as a result giving products along with nourishment and moisturization. Sunscreen is a mandatory product that everyone should use to protect our skin from harsh rays and sun damage. It is sometimes hard to see the oily and white-castiness skin, but trust me blending them will surely help you. And finally, when it comes to treatment products, it is important to choose them based on your concerns like pigmentation, dryness, flakiness, or anything you face.
Other Skincare Products And Its Importance:
- Lipbalm: Even though you take all necessary skincare products for your skin, lip plays a vital role and also speaks much. Keeping your whole face glowing will automatically enhance your dry and chapped lips. So make sure to include a hydrating lip balm which has a blend of oils and butter like shea butter, etc. that helps in moisurizing the lips for a smooth and glossy look. If you have pigmented lips, make sure to check the ingredients and choose one if they are bound with coffee-based ingredients.
- Face Scrub: Even though you cleanse your face, it is important to remove the dead skin cells present by using any sort of scrubs. Face scrubs are generally fine particle powder-like products that help in gently exfoliating the skin. Exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells, which automatically adds a glow when the new or inner layer of skin-pops out. There are two types of face scrubs exfoliants like physical exfoliants and chemical exfoliants. Physical exfoliants include powders filled with mild exfoliating products like grounded sugar, oats, coffee, etc. When you are with combinational or acne-prone skin, physical scrubs will cause to hurt your skin; And in that case, using mild chemical exfoliants will work.
- Under Eye Cream/Gel: Undereye areas are very light and sensitive. It is important to take utmost care to make sure the under eyes are well moisturized. The normal moisturizer will do its job when you dont have any specific concerns like under-eye bags, dark circles, crows feel, etc. But if you are someone who faces any one of the above conditions, then specific or related products should be used. If you are someone with dark circles, creams with caffeine, cucumber, milk, etc could work. If you have eye bags, then use a frozen roller, that will reduce your puffiness and bags to some extent.
- Facial oil: There is a common question that oils should be used only by dry skin people. No, it’s completely wrong. For all skin types people can use facial oils, but it is important to choose them based on your skin type. If you are someone with dry skin, almond or olive oil will work. If you are with oily skin type, jojoba oil or grapeseed oil will help. You can even take a gentle amount of oil, and give a gentle massage with your hands or even tools like jade rollers could help in bringing the shape to your face.
- Tools: Even though this is something that most of us use as a fancy product, they also play an important role in the skincare regimen. Investing in a good quality skincare tool helps in giving a gentle massage and also helps in circulating the blood throughout your face. Gua sha and jade roller are in trend and they can help in giving a smooth and gentle massage to your face and neck. Also, there is a depuffing kit, which is also a beautiful and useful tool that helps in settling the puffiness to some extent.
Whether you are someone new to skin or a pro, never miss doing a patch test before incorporating any product into your skincare routine. The patch test helps in making you know whether they will suit your skin or not. Doing a patch test on your neck or on your neck or your hands will make you know whether the product suits you or not. Also never miss to heck the ingredients of the products you use!
Originally posted 2022-05-02 07:04:41.