The first partners to be featured on the Revival Atelier site include makers from Turkey who have created unique pieces like these.
OAKLAND, Calif. – Revival Rugs has launched a new marketplace called Revival Atelier which features exclusive furniture and décor pieces from global designers and artisans.
The brand has committed to supporting independent makers that they have selected based on the company’s core values of handmade attention and heritage techniques along with a commitment to circularity and sustainability.
Revival Rugs’ goal is to generate opportunities and awareness of the talented makers the company’s product sourcing team meets on their trips around the world.
The first partners to be featured on Revival Atelier include makers from Turkey:
• Grob Design – Minimal living using organic, natural materials made by hand and prioritizing functionality and simplicity.
• Hamm – By blending traditional forms of production with industrial techniques, Hamm aims to uplift craftsmanship that is approaching extinction.
• Handan – Plant-dyed wool cushions, handwoven by local craftswomen in Turkey.
• Studio Kali – Handcrafted furniture designed by fusing crafts, art and culture.
• Yet Design – Unique and functional furniture pieces, made by hand in Turkey.
• Begum Cana Ozgur – Artist-designed wool flatweave rugs handwoven with traditional techniques.
These artisans would not otherwise have access to a retail platform at this scale and by handling the back-end logistics and shipping, Revival said it hopes to create opportunities and give a voice to small businesses from around that world and here in the U.S.
Originally posted 2021-12-07 14:29:40.