Disappointed with your smile? Dental experts have an array of equipment and techniques at their disposal for enhancing the impression of your smile. Here are some popular family dental services in Medicine Hat that you should learn about.
- Dental Crowns – The specific procedure is a dental prosthesis that replaces a tooth’s visible part. A dental crown works to bolster teeth, reform their original shape, and enhance their appearance. Dental crowns are also utilized to maintain dental bridges and shield dental implants.
- Root Canal in Medicine Hat: In history, affected teeth constantly had to be removed. Today, they can usually be preserved through full-fledged root canal therapy. The dental procedure aims to restore teeth that are badly infected or decayed. Some individuals worry about root canal therapy because they presume it is painful. However, most individuals shared that the process is no more distressing than setting a filling.
- Cosmetic Fillings: Also known as tooth-coloured fillings, cosmetic fillings are made of composite resin and glass elements. They are fixed onto the current teeth using a bonding agent. Cosmetic fillings can enhance the build of your smile. Unlike silver-coloured fillings, cosmetic fillings look merely like your natural teeth.
- Bridgework – A dental bridge is a structure between two dental crowns to fill the gap between missing teeth. A bridge can be supported by your teeth, implants, or teeth and implants. A dental bridge can restore your smile, improve your appearance, and take years off your look. Who doesn’t want to look better- or younger?
- Invisalign – Crooked smile? Invisalign is the best way to straighten your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life. Invisalign gradually moves your teeth using a series of custom-fitted, removable aligners. Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible and very comfortable to wear.
- Dental Cleaning – You should visit the dentist every six months for dental cleaning in Medicine Hat. Tartar is a hard buildup of plaque that forms on the teeth. Tartar forms below and above the gum line. The only way to remove tartar is to see a dentist for professional teeth cleaning. Regular teeth cleanings are important to maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
- Dental Veneers – Many people are discovering the benefits of veneers. Veneers are thin coverings placed over the front part of the teeth. Veneers are placed on teeth that are crooked, poorly shaped, or severely discoloured. They may also be used to lighten teeth that are yellow or have a gray cast.
- Dentures – Have you lost most or all of your teeth? Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth. A complete denture is used when all of the patient’s teeth are missing. A partial denture is used when only some of the teeth are missing. Today’s dentures are natural-looking and more comfortable than ever.
- Teeth Whitening – Want a whiter smile? Your main options are at-home and in-office bleaching. At-home teeth whitening involves custom-made dental trays filled with hydrogen peroxide gel that you can use at home. Your dentist will combine hydrogen peroxide gel with a light source for in-office bleaching to speed up the whitening process.
- Tooth Extractions – A tooth extraction, or dental extraction, removes a tooth from its socket in the bone. There are several reasons why tooth removal may be necessary. An extraction may be necessary if your tooth is so damaged that it can’t be fixed with a dental restoration. In some cases, dentists extract teeth to prepare the patient’s mouth for orthodontic treatment.
Your smile is part of your personality. It defines you. That’s why it’s so important to take good care of your teeth and gums. Don’t wait another minute- schedule an appointment for a thorough dental checkup in Medicine Hat. We believe that everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile!