HIGH POINT — The International Furnishings and Design Assn. presented its IFDA Selects awards at its event here at the High Point Market, honoring three finalists in each of the 12 categories awarded.
The finalists and winners for each category are:
- Accessories finalists: Made Goods’ Marcianus sculpture; Currey & Company Ringling Vase
Winner: Set of Three Panels from Chelsea House
- Art Finalists: Montimorren Creative’s Mr. Bluish 340; Acoustic Wall Art Panel from Splashworks
Winner: East Meets West from Design Legacy
- Bedroom case goods finalists: Corbel Bed from Hooker Furnishings; the Frank Platform Bed by Huppé
Winner: Dolce from Kenneth Cobonpue
- Hospitality finalists: Helix Pendant from Beacon Custom Lighting; Moroccan Gar,den Inspired Lamp from Port 68
Winner: Colonial Williamsburg Scenic Mural from Paul Montgomery
- Lighting finalists: Barnacle from Kenneth Cobonpue; Dogwood Chandelier from Regina Andrew
Winner: Collier from Tech Lighting at Visual Comfort
- Maker/Artisan finalists: Record Bus by Kamaya Furniture; Tetra by Stabb Designs for Beacon Custom Lighting
Winner: Big Pine Bench from Design Build Found
- New & Next finalists: Saisei Grande Chandelier from Currey & Co; Izdatglaz from Orfeo Quagliata
Winner: Lucio Console from Roberta Schilling Collection
- Occasional case goods finalists: Loop de Loop Credenza by Sasha Bikoff for Kindel Grand Rapids; Diamond Sideboard by Maria Yee Design Studio
Winner: Mercedes Coffee Table by Antonia Caicedo for E. J. Victor
- Outdoor furnishings finalists: Secret Garden Arm Chair by Poltrona Frau at Janus et Cie; Bordeaux Side Chair from Summer Classics
Winner: Walter Lamb Aluminum Rocking Chair from Brown Jordan
- Soft goods finalists: Bedding Pillows & Accents from Poetic Pillow; Pillows & Throws for the Home from Johanna Howard Home
Winner: Bedding, Pillows & Accessories from 25 Mackenzie Lane
- Sustainability finalists: Custom Live Edge Dining Table from Simply Amish; 9520 Galahad Chandelier from Currey and Co.
Winner: ReClips from HOUE
- Upholstered seating finalists: Marigold Outdoor Chaise from Kravet, Inc; Hickory Chair’s Jupiter Swivel Chair
Winner: Coup Sofa from the Barbara Barry Collection at Baker Furniture
IFDA Selects is an initiative by IFDA to recognize design innovation, quality construction and environmental responsibility throughout our industry. Selects judging has taken place at the High Point Market, New York Now, BDNY, What’s New What’s Next, Las Vegas Market and ICFF.
Judges for IFDA Selects at High Point Market are: Cheryl Luckett, founder of Dwell by Cheryl and licensed product designer with Sylvester Alexander and Wildwood Home; Rachel Moriarty, award-winning San Diego area designer, author, influencer and CEO of House of Moriarty Inc.; John Conrad, executive director, ISFD, podcast creator and host, former manufacturing CEO; Gary Inman, IFDA, award-winning designer, president of Gary Inman Home Couture, Style Spotters Advisor and professor; Victoria Valentinas, president and principal designer of VLV Designs and brand merchandiser for HGTV Home, Bassett, Bernhardt and Christopher Guy; Tym DeSanto, “Renaissance Guy” from HGTV’s Design Star, host of the “Style File” video series, interior and product designer; Patti Carpenter, IFDA, global trend ambassador, consultant with Pantone, advisory board member of the Black Artists and Designers Guild and founder of Carpenter + Company/Trendscope; Dr. Rosa Otero, IFDA, faculty and director of Visual and Performing arts at Salem College, and designer and curator of the SIDE Chair Library; Brianne Verstat, creative director for Barbour Spangle Design; Jordan Neises, lead showroom designer, Barbour Spangle Design; David Santiago, IFDA, founder and creative force of Casa Santi and Strictly Santi, product designer, TV personality and video host; Nancy Fire, IFDA, founder of Nancy Fire Designs and Design Works International, High Point Style Spotter, former design director for HGTV and HGTV Home, certified GREEN leader; and Valerie Garrett, founder of Valerie Garrett Interiors, residential and commercial designer and member of The Alliance.
Originally posted 2022-04-05 14:03:46.