If you’ve ever watched a video on the web and wished you could see it again, screen recording is what you like to call it. It’s when you record a video of your computer’s display and play it back later. If you’re like many people, you’ve probably tried using different software to record your screen. Each of these programs has its pros and cons and a lot of you might only be able to get one of them to work on your computer.
But what if you could use any of these programs to make screen recordings with ease on your computer? In this article, we’ll show you how to set up software like iTop Screen Recorder and more on your preferred operating system.
How to Screen Record on Windows
Screen recording is about making a video of what’s on your computer’s screen and then watching it later. It’s a great way to learn how to use something new or to review a task that requires concentration or practice. The record screen Windows 10 process is pretty easy to set up.
- First, open up the Start menu and search for “Programs and Features.”
- If you can’t find it, look for the “View installed apps” link on the bottom-left corner of your Start menu. From the list of apps, find and then select the Screen Recorder program you want to use.
- When the app opens up, press the “Add” button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Choose your video format, name your recording, and choose which computer you want to use.
- Then press “Record” to start your recording.
- When you’re done, press “Stop” to stop the recording, and press “Stop” again to close out the program. Press Start + Space to open Windows’ search bar.
- Type “screen recorder” and press Enter.
- You should see a list of screen recorder apps on the second result.
- You can then open up the app you just used to set it up and press “Open” to launch it.
How to Screen Record on Linux
A screen recorder is a great way to learn how to use a new computer or to make a tutorial for yourself. But did you know you can record your computer’s screen on Linux too? Let’s say you’re trying to learn how to use Linux.
- First, search for “Programs and Features” on your computer to open the list of installed programs.
- If you can’t find it right away, press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- From the menu, search for “Programs and Features” on the list of apps.
- Once you’re in the list of apps, find your preferred screen recorder from the list and open it up.
- Then, search for “Gnome cast” or whatever program you want to use to cast your computer’s screen to whichever device you want.
- Once you find the cast program, press “Add” from the top bar of the program you opened.
- Then, select your device from the list, enter the device’s information, and press “Add.”
- Once you’ve added your device, go back to your recording program and press “Record” to start the recording.
Originally posted 2022-05-04 09:43:09.