From left: Gabby Collection in Wheat, Oatmeal, Linen and Granite.
TROY, N.C. — Capel Rugs, a rug manufacturer, is rolling out a large assortment of new rugs at High Point Market, in its showroom located at Market Square, Space 112. The new rugs represent a wide range of constructions, styles and price points, including braids, updated oushak and gabbeh patterns.
“Retailers are hungry for dynamic new rug designs,” said Cameron Capel, president of sales and marketing. “Because of the many supply chain challenges brought about by the pandemic, their shelves have become bare. But now that the threat of COVID is waning, they are ready to restock and ramp up their merchandising activity with creative new designs.”
According to Capel, the showroom is expecting a busy market based on the volume of appointments being made in advance.
“During the height of the pandemic, a lot of products we had in the pipeline had to be put on hold. Now, we’re finally able to move these plans forward,” Capel said. “As a result, at this market we’ll be showing a wonderfully eclectic mix of rugs, from high-volume machine-made rugs and elegant hand knots to stylish new braids, updated oushak patterns and subtle abstracts.”
New rugs launching at market include:
- The Verve collection is a hand-knotted collection from India made of 100% wool. The initial introduction will feature two colorways, Silver Multi and Ecru Multi. There are six sizes available, 2’6″ x 9′, 3′ x 5′, 5′ x 8′, 9′ x 12′ and 10′ x 14′. A 5′ x 8′ model may retail for under $1,299.
- The Gabby collection is a new hand loomed collection made in India from 100% New Zealand wool. With a simple yet elegant style, the collection features subtly colored gabbeh patterns combined with abstract geometric designs. Four colorways are available in Granite, Linen, Oatmeal and Wheat with sizes including 2’6″ x 9′, 3′ x 5′, 5′ x 8′, 8′ x 10′, 9′ x 12′ and 10′ x 14′. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $729.
- The Camille collection is hand tufted in India using 100% wool loop pile yarns. The collection features four colorways in Moss, Pewter, Icy Blue and Flax with two classic motifs of damask and quatrefoil designs. Camille is available in sizes 2’6″ x 8′, 3’6″ x 5’6″, 5′ x 8′, 9′ x 12′ and 10′ x 14′ sizes. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $359.
- The Naturelle collection is one of two braided collections made in the U.S., the collection being all-natural, undyed 100% wool area rugs. The six-ply yarns provide durability and gives the rug a reversible quality with a thick texture. More than a dozen sizes are offered in a mix that includes ovals, rounds and runners. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $679.
- Bambini is the second braided design made in the U.S., featuring a soft 3/8” pile cotton chenille rug crafted for children’s rooms. Bambini comes in six colorways of Aquamarine, Cloud Blue, Periwinkle, Sunshine, Cool Gray and Pretty in Pink. This rug is available in various sizes and shapes that includes ovals, rounds, squares and runners. A 5’ x 8’ rug may retail for under $629.
- Jardin is a new collection of colorful floral patterns in 100% wool with tufted loop pile made in India. It has three colors available – Rose, Fiesta and Multi – along with three sizes — 5′ x 8′, 8′ x 10′ and 9′ x 12′. A 5′ x 8′ rug may retail for under $449.
- Zagros is a traditional, hand loomed Gabbeh constructions made of 100% New Zealand wool that features minimal patterning with simple, stylized figures and shapes. Three colorways are offered in rich, saturated tones such as Verdant Green, Steel Gray and Cobalt Blue. Zagros is available in 2’6″ x 9′, 3′ x 5′, 5′ x 8′, 8′ x 10′, 9′ x 12′ and 10′ x 14′ sizes. A 5′ x 8′ model may retail for under $729
- Avery, a new machine-made collection in 100% New Zealand wool, features five patterns with a high level of detail and a vintage, laid back vibe. The range of earthy, subtle colorways includes Stormy Gray, Stone Multi, Onyx/Cream, Slate/Linen and Merlot. Avery is available in 3’11” x 5’6″, 5’3″ x 7’6″, 6’7″ x 9’10”, 7’10” x 11′ and 9’2″ x 12’5″ sizes. A 5’3″ x 7’6″ model may retail for under $729. The collection is made in Moldova on Wilton looms.
Originally posted 2022-03-24 11:13:52.